Preferences | Edit Report Preferences
This displays a new form which allows you to specify various preferences.
- Initial student score heading defaults to GCSE score. To alter this, e.g. to Target, just retype it into the box.
- Grades bar The default bar is based on over ten years of accumulated data by the author. However, this will vary from teacher to teacher, so you may like to reset it. You can do this by printing out a sample report, working out how the existing bar needs altering, character by character, then retyping (or editing) it in the box.
- Header line again editable in the box. This is the text of the title which appears on each report printed out.
- Footer lines You can enter maybe an explanation of the printout that you wish to appear on the printouts below the grade bar. NOTE that only one footer line will be saved as a preference (all lines appearing will be printed, but only the top line will be remembered after quitting the program). Before printing, therefore, if you use a footer, you will need to check this preference.
- Multiple Students per page . Check this box to maximise the number of reports per page (to conserve paper), which can then be sliced. Uncheck it for one report per page.
- Edit header line font displays a font dialogue box which allows you to select a font (name, size, bold / italic) for the title line.
- Edit font for student name line similarly allows you to select a font for the line below the header line (Student name on the left, date of printing on the right).
- Edit data block font is similar, but restricted to monospaced fonts (not proportional fonts) so that the data lines will align properly.
- Edit footer font sets the font for the optional footer lines.
- Apply changes and exit accepts the values you have just set, and returns you to the grid. The values will be saved on quitting if you have write access to the Markbook90 software folder. (A Markbook90.ini file is created).
- Ignore changes and exit. If you change your mind and don't want to accept the changes you've made, this will take no action, but just return you to the grid.